We waited for ...

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Made it Home!

We made it home very early on Friday.  What a HUGE relief.  It was a 24 hour travel day and it was kind of like an endurance test holding an 8 month old for that long.

It was a very emotional journey.  First flying out over Beijing at night realizing that Victoria was definitively leaving her birth parents and birth country behind.

Then landing in Vancouver, knowing what kinds of opportunities she will have living in Canada. I answered the immigration questions that clearly don't apply to an infant - she was not carrying weapons, large amounts of cash, does not have a criminal record and had not tried to enter Canada before.

And then of course landing in Ottawa so she could finally meet her Dad.  We were coming down the escalator to the baggage area when I saw someone with a video camera filming arrivals.  I thought "oh crap - I am caught on someone else's video bawling my eyes out for this family reunion".  I then realized it was a friend who had insisted he wanted to come and video tape our arrival. So glad he was there for us and that we do have the moment caught on video.

The next morning the Bee - now a Big Brother - got to meet his sister.  He was thrilled!  He just kept saying "hi sister,  hi sister".

We are working hard at getting ourselves sorted with the time change.  Hopefully in a few more days we will be all sleeping through the night.  I am going to post some more pics as soon as I can find the charger for my camera....guess I need to finish the unpacking!

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes and for following along.

2 comments:

  1. It's such a long and tiring trip home. It took me 2 weeks to get over the jet lag. Looking forward to updates and pictures. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. It also took us about two weeks to get a sleep schedule on this time.

    ReplyDelete